Thursday, April 17, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#64): After the End by Amy Plum

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from After the End by Amy Plum!


I was just trying to reassure him. TO get him to trust me. Saying I might have overdone it would be an understatement. Because one second I was holding his hand, seeing him once again like Nome would - I couldn't help it. He looked so sleepy and defenseless... utterly gorgeous.

And the next second his hand is behind his head and he's eased me down on top of him and we're kissing... kissing like crazy. My whole body's buzzing, and all I want is to keep pressing my chest against his and lacing my legs through his and winding my fingers through his beautiful curly hair and feeling his lips brush mine for the rest of the night. But I can't. I can't do this. I have to...

- eARC, 49%


Read my review HERE.


I didn't really like this book (I gave it 2.5 stars), but I liked this swoon!

16 comments:

  1. 'I have to...' - She has to what? Ahhh, not fair, leaving us hanging.
    Great swoon. Sorry you didn't enjoy the book.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, actually, that's the structure of the sentence in the book. The next sentence finishes her thought. But I can see how it looks like I'm teasing y'all ;D

      Thank you, Marilyn!

      Delete
  2. Great swoon! I guess there are always some swoony bits even in the books you didn't love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! And they make me a little happier that I read the book.

      Delete
  3. Great teaser sweetie. <3 Though. Hmm. I am not sure I like the writing :( AGH. I haven't decided yet if I wish to read this book, lol. I'm sorry that you didn't love it, though. Sigh. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you're unsure! I didn't love it, but there were bright spots in the darkness, like this one. If you read it, Carina, I hope you enjoy it! You're very welcome ^_^

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a hot session indeed! A commenter over on my blog pointed me your way because I drew a little robot eating books and she said it reminded her of your blog title! So of course I had to check you out =).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you so much for visiting! I already follow you, so, small world! :D

      Delete
  5. Great Swoon! Yes she can do this! LOL I love it when a guy has hair you can run your fingers through!

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/04/swoon-thursday-64.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG the hair is DEFINITELY something I notice first, about a guy. He MUST have a like, enough hair. Absolutely no baldness or buzz cut or so on. LOL.

      Delete
  6. I have to..... Argh!! Great swoon! I want more for sure!!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Read it and I suppose you would find out!

      Delete
  7. Sorry you didn't love this one, but that is a very nice swoon. I'll be reading this one soon, and I have high hopes because I really liked her other series. Thanks for sharing that moment!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it, Teresa - or at least, like it more than I did! I enjoyed her first series as well, so it was disappointing to discover that I did not like her new book :\

      Delete
  8. Bummer you didn't like the book very much, but I do like that swoon too! I have this one for review myself....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh! I hope you enjoy it, Jessica. Sincerely, I do!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!