Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens: January 19th



Welcome to Week Three of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.

Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of January 19th!


The Questions:

1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?


The Authors:

Kathy MacMillan, Author of Sword and Verse

1. Romantic epic fantasy about prejudice, the power of words, and the consequences of following your heart.

2. For fans of Megan Whalen Turner, Kristin Cashore, and Rae Carson.

3. I'm working on a follow-up companion novel (from a different character's point of view) that explores the consequences of choices made in SWORD AND VERSE.

Follow Kathy MacMillan: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter


The Books:


(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads!)



Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:

Sword and Verse is actually the only one!



The Giveaway: 

January's prize (USA only) includes:

- Finished copy of Curio
- An ARC of Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Briggs
- This Is Where It Ends swag
- Bounders swag
- Two Kindle copies of The Distance From A to Z (for the winner and a friend of the winner!)
- An ARC of Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
- Arrows swag
- Shallow Graves swag
- Waiting for Callback swag

9 comments:

  1. Sword and Verse has actually been on my TBR for quite a while. I love fantasy, and this one sounds like something I would love. I mean, fantasy and epic romance, what else does one need

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Sword & Verse downloaded into my Kindle last night, but I was too engrossed on the other series to pick it up, but I will very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sword and Verse!! I've heard good things about this book -- can't wait to read it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm compelled by the connection between the title description. So often the title only vaguely fits the storyline, so I find it refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Week three already? Damn, time is moving fast :) Thank you for sharing about this sweet girl. <3 I'm so curious about Sword & Verse. Yet not really thinking I would enjoy it, sadly :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of Sword & Verse until seeing it on book blogs. Now it's on The List.
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently obsessed with epic fantasy (just finished Throne of Glass series, recently read the Graceling series and the Girl of Fire and Thorn series). I look forward to reading another fantasy with a strong female character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sword and Verse was love hate for me to be honest, I think if I read it at a different time I would have loved it (plus my mind would have been more on the story) I am excited for the companion novel though!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!