Thursday, November 17, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#199): Frostblood by Elly Blake


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Frostblood by Elly Blake!


"I promised you a secret," he finally said, his eyes glittering in the candlelight, "and I can't think of any way to tell you plainer than this."

He took two strides toward me, fell to his knees, and turned my face up to his.

His lips moved over mine, the scar on his upper lip feeling pleasantly rough. His touch was tentative, but a shock of pure, toe-curling excitement shot into me. I returned the pressure eagerly. His lips were cooler than mine, but not painfully so. His temperature must have risen. I knew mine was up.

His arms slipped around my back, pressing me to his chest. My hands curled around his neck, my fingertips greedily tangling in his hair. I pressed myself closer. His fingers dove into my hair, pulling the strands free of the string that held it back.

- ARC, pages 187-188



This was a sweet scene! I love the push and pull between these two. I should finish the book and have a review up tomorrow!

15 comments:

  1. I like the book cover and it does sound sweet. I'll be looking forward to your review.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  2. My review just went up today. I can't wait to see what you think in the next couple of days!

    This was a very sweet scene and I did enjoy their dynamic. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Di! This is one of my favorite scenes. :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh that's a good swoon! I have my eyes on this one, so I'll be looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! Great post this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3

      P.S. I hope you both are doing well, especially with college and such!

      Delete
  5. Great pick for your swoon! Can't wait for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want it, but I can´t fin it anywhere :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It publishes in January! Also, there is a giveaway on Goodreads right now. =)

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to read this book. I love how the romance sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love this book, Lis! Happy reading. :D

      Delete
  8. Hmm, unsure about this writing. Aw. But still a sweet scene :) Lovely post sweetie. <3 Yay for liking this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of my favorite scenes! Thank you. :D

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!