Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#209): Now I Rise by Kiersten White


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Now I Rise by Kiersten White
Book Two of The Conquerors Saga series
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: June 27, 2017

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lada Dracul has no allies. No throne. All she has is what she’s always had: herself. After failing to secure the Wallachian throne, Lada is out to punish anyone who dares to cross her blood-strewn path. Filled with a white-hot rage, she storms the countryside with her men, accompanied by her childhood friend Bogdan, terrorizing the land. But brute force isn’t getting Lada what she wants. And thinking of Mehmed brings little comfort to her thorny heart. There’s no time to wonder whether he still thinks about her, even loves her. She left him before he could leave her.

What Lada needs is her younger brother Radu’s subtlety and skill. But Mehmed has sent him to Constantinople—and it’s no diplomatic mission. Mehmed wants control of the city, and Radu has earned an unwanted place as a double-crossing spy behind enemy lines. Radu longs for his sister’s fierce confidence—but for the first time in his life, he rejects her unexpected plea for help. Torn between loyalties to faith, to the Ottomans, and to Mehmed, he knows he owes Lada nothing. If she dies, he could never forgive himself—but if he fails in Constantinople, will Mehmed ever forgive him?

As nations fall around them, the Dracul siblings must decide: what will they sacrifice to fulfill their destinies? Empires will topple, thrones will be won . . . and souls will be lost.



And I Darken was intense! I am very interested in seeing where this story goes. =)

28 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book, but I really want to. And now I really want to read this as well! The cover is gorgeous, and the story sounds amazing :) Hope you enjoy!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's very different, compared to many Y titles. Thank you, Amy!

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice! I still need to read the first one! But I have heard a lot of good things, but I think what scares me is the pacing. I heard the beginning is a little slow and takes awhile to get going. But I will definitely hold onto my copy!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was excellent! The author did here research well. And I Darken was pretty slowly, but it got crazy towards the end. I hope you like it, Jessica!

      Delete
  3. I haven't started this series yet, it is on my list. Has been for a while, hoping to get to it soon.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very interested in this series, but it's so hard to fit in all the books I want to read:-/ I'll just wait for your review, I hope you get a review copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUP, I agree. There are so many books and so little time. Thank you so much, Tammy!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for this one to come out, I loved the first book, hopefully this one is just as good.
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read And I Darken yet, but almost everyone I know read it and loved it. I hope you enjoy the sequel!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, yes! This is one of my most anticipated releases. I can't wait and I hope we both LOVE it! Wonderful pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the first book. It's /in/ my TBR pile. Ehe.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read And I Darken yet, but this book sounds interesting!


    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, yes, great choice! I cannot wait to see what happens next in this story. I loved the first book. Thanks for stopping by my WOW on Lisa Loves Literature earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have to read the first book, but I'm really hoping to get to it before this one is released since all I've ever read are wonderful reviews for it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binge-reading the two is a great idea! Then we'll be painfully waiting for book three. ;)

      Delete
  12. I have the first book in this series sitting on my shelf waiting for me to read it and I'm hoping to have read it by the time this one comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the series when you get around to reading it! =)

      Delete
  13. The first book was so fantastic, and I really want to read this one! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you read it! You're very welcome, Louisa. :)

      Delete
  14. Oh, damn it. I had just written a whole comment. Then the browser "updated" and removed it. That have never happened on your blog before. Uuuugh. Firefox is the rudest. So my comment went away.. ahh. But anyway :D Lovely pick sweetie. <3 I'm also dying to read this book :) Yet nervous about romance. Don't want any kind of triangle.. yet not sure what I want yet, lol :) Hope we will both love it, though. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! That's bizarre. :( I hope you enjoy this book! I want the love triangle to disappear and I also want Lada to give Mehmed the boot. ;)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!