Thursday, May 17, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#277): Ace of Hearts by Chantal Fernando


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Ace of Hearts by Chantal Fernando!


He gently pushes me back into my room and closes the door behind us, this time pressing the lock.

"Is that what this is? Connection?" he asks me, sounding doubtful.

Before I can reply though, he lowers his head, cupping my cheeks in his warm, rough palms, and kisses me. Gentle at first, soft and sweet. Unsure. All that soon changes as we melt into the kiss, his lips becoming demanding, greedy. His tongue slips inside my mouth, and his hands move from my face to my waist, pulling me closer. I moan as he dips me back, my back arching, like in a romantic movie. His thumbs caress my hips, and I'm lost in the sensations. I've never been kissed like this in my life, and I have to wonder if I hadn't met him, if I ever would.

- eARC, 30%

Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Ace of Hearts review | Knuckle Down review


I loved this book! I also read the sequel, Knuckle Down, which wasn't as good but it was still not bad. I just downloaded book three, Going Rogue, from Edelweiss, and I cannot wait to start it. This series is going well for me so far - I highly recommend it!

6 comments:

  1. I keep seeing this book, it's making me want it hahaha *adds to TBR*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded Going Rogue from Edelweiss too when I saw it. Do you think it'd be a problem to read this without having read the first two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a swoonworthy scene!! I just really need to read this one, especially if she can write such great kissing scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one heck of a kiss! Definitely swoon worthy. I am so glad you are enjoying the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for pretty awesome swoon :D So glad you liked this book a lot. <3 Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!